How to apply your wall decal
Your vinyl graphic will have 3 components:
- Transfer tape - looks and feels like masking tape, this is placed over the top of the actual art in the workshop for you.
- Vinyl - the part that is precision cut and applied to the surface.
- Backing paper - thick white paper that holds the cut vinyl in shape.
Some tools you may need:
- Spirit level
- Masking tape
- Squeegee / Credit card or similar to rub the design onto the surface
Step One: Preparing your design
- Wipe down your wall or surface – Use an old clean t-shirt or any lint-free cloth.
- Unroll your design if we have sent it to you in a postal tube. You may want to lay it flat somewhere warm until it no longer curls.
- Rub over the entire design with the edge of your squeegee on a flat surface. This re-activates the adhesive after shipping.
Step Two: Position & tape design
- Decide where you want to apply your design and use two pieces of masking tape while you work out the exact positioning.
- Use the tried and tested hinge method: Once your design is in the perfect position, put masking tape along the top edge. The masking tape will be like a hinge when you flip up your design.
Step Three: Remove the backing paper
- Flip the design up. Carefully peel the backing paper from the transfer tape. Avoid touching the actual vinyl itself. (The vinyl should stay on the transfer tape, with the backing paper left bare.)
- Lay the design back down into position on the surface.
Step Four: Applying your design
- Firmly rub the entire design with the edge of your squeegee.
Step Five: Remove transfer tape
- Slowly peel the transfer tape away from the applied surface, leaving the vinyl behind.
Step Six: Enjoy the fruits of your labour
- Put the kettle on, enjoy a cuppa and show off your new design to everyone!